Saturday, June 23, 2012

Running

I made a friend a few weeks ago who trains with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training.  She recently ran the San Diego half marathon, and ran a full marathon back in January.  The great thing is, when she's not running with her team, she does shorter runs during the week, and when we met I mentioned how I wish I had someone to run with.

So this past week she invited me to go running with her.  We hopped onto the Streetcar tracks on St. Charles Ave and ran about a mile and a half uptown, and a mile and a half back, and I really enjoyed it.  We set up a planned interval for running and walking, and I think it made running easier and made me run faster this way.  I can't wait to go running again next week with her!  Running partners give me so much more motivation, and who knows, maybe one day I'll run a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment