Monday, October 8, 2012

New Orleans Saints

Yesterday I flew into New Orleans after a nice weekend with my family.  It was the early afternoon, and the Saints were playing the Chargers last night for Sunday Night Football.  The city was flooded with people dressed in black and gold.  The parking lots were lined with tailgates, the bars were spilling over, and the sidewalks were packed.  I can't tell if the tailgating is bigger here than it is in Philly, or if it  just looks bigger because it's so dense.  New Orleans is not only smaller than Philadelphia, the Superdome is downtown.  In Philadelphia, all the stadiums are in South Philly, not Center City, and there are plenty of parking lots surrounding the area.  It's also a newly discovered to me fact that New Orleanians drink more an party harder than Philadelphians.  That's just my opinion though, at least.

I met with a couple friends in the parking lot across the street for a ticketed event tailgate.  My friend Andrew had extra tickets and we enjoyed free food and drinks before the game started.  Once kickoff happened we made our way to a nearby pizza place and fed our drunk munchies.  It was a fun day that turned into a fun night that ended early enough for a "school night".

This city is a lot of fun, and I'm here for the ride.  I definitely like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment